My Photo
Name:
Location: Susquehanna Depot, Pennsylvania, United States

Well, if you got here via the bi-chromatic Universe and "Dez", thanks. Their being available means they can be rented out, so to say, to vendors. For example, they'd be great in promoting pastries. Kids love cookies, so do adults. As for that ascending numeral three, it came about by way of ignorance. More than once, I'd see that same numeral with wings or a halo or both even on this or that pickup truck. And, dumb me, I'd think they were like golden horse shoes or four-leaf clovers ... good luck charms. It wasn't until later, I found out those threes are meant to commemorate one posthumously charismatic NASCAR driver. To inspire all those signs of grief, that guy might've had the makings for ... well, that's likely better left to the intuition of NASCAR votaries.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

my date with sandee!

As that hoary canard goes, two's company, three's a crowd. In this instance, the crowd comprised some 15 or so good ol' regular folks. This piece is a follow-up to "egg & chunk", or maybe more properly "mulishly monomaniac". Anyway, yours ever so truly followed up on that "R S V P", and attended that breakfast, hosted by the deputy whip for the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Yes, it was indeed an interesting experience. Must admit the breakfast did exceed expectations.

Maybe, I should've taken notes, as did one earnest guest. So, now I'm trying to remember what I think are interesting details. A few minutes were spent conversing with Debbie about the Danny Crisman memorial. Details about my impressions are recorded in the "cute enough" piece. I wonder whether I startled "sandee" with my comment on being a fan of Bill Mahr's.

The deputy whip did draw my attention with her implicit lament on the lack of enthusiasm on the part of younger people for community service as volunteers. No, yours every so truly said not a single word on that subject. Last time I volunteered ... oh, never mind!

Somebody mentioned harnessing the Susquehanna River to generate electricity. Yes, I did rain on that person's parade. First off, nowhere on the first two-thirds of the river's length, could a dam be economically built. Second, on the last third, the reservoir created by a dam would flood out thousands of people, who like living where they're living.

Oh, well, keep visiting this blog. It's a good bet this piece will be revised, as I mull over what I should further write.

toodles
. . . \
he who is known as sefton

By the way, clicking on the envelope icon brings up a page that facilitates e.mail.

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

After sending out one notification, so I was advised, I should wait anywhere from 11 days to four weeks, before sending out a subsequent. * + * + * + * + * + + * + * + * + * + * + * + . . . okay, clicking on the below hyperlink brings up my site in the myspace galaxay.

Check me out!
( _{ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ }_ )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home